ORBERA™ Intragastric Balloon
LOSE WEIGHT WITH THE WORLD'S #1 WEIGHT LOSS BALLOON.
The ORBERA™ weight loss balloon is designed to help you lose weight and help you maintain lifelong healthy habits.
The ORBERA™ Managed Weight Loss System, which combines the balloon withnutritional coaching and exercise programs, is indicated for adult patients suffering fromobesity with a BMI of 30 to 40. There are over 78.6 million obese adults in the U.S. andthis newly approved treatment now offers a path that does not require more invasive traditional surgery.
Clinically-proven, with over 220,000 balloons placed worldwide in over 80 countries.
Known to have positive outcomes, stemming from over 20 years of experience.
#1 in global market share for intragastric balloons
The leader in non-invasive, non-pharmaceutical weight loss.
In order to prevent complications during the procedure, patients must not eat anything after midnight the night before the procedure. Discuss with your anesthesiologist on the appropriate cut off for fluid intake before ORBERA Placement.
It is recommended that patients have the following ready in advance of their procedure for when they return home:
• 2-3 days prior to removal – Start semi-liquid diet
• 24 hrs prior to removal – Clear liquids only.
• Plenty of water
• Chewable vitamins or elixir
• Pedialyte to replenish electrolytes
• Optional – Consider adding a prokinetic 2-3 days before removal
• Patients should be advised that, if there is food in their stomach, the procedure cannot go ahead.
FOUR PHASES OF THE ORBERA PATIENT MANAGEMENT
Patients may return to normal activity as they feel fit.
Plan on taking a 2-4 days off but some may return more rapidly than others.
Patient position may help minimize nausea:
• In left lateral position, the balloon typically shifts into the fundus and may minimize the delay to gastric empting
• This may allow fluids to pass more easily around the balloon
• Note: Patient should not stay in this position for long periods of time. This should be used in combination with medications and appropriate fluid intake
POST-OP DIETARY RESTRICTIONS
No food or liquid will injure or hurt the ORBERA™ balloon
ORBERA can fit into your approach to weight loss and will augment a patient’s efforts in two key ways:
1. Reduce volume of food consumed
2. Reduce ability to “indulge”
ACCLIMATION - WEEK 1
In order to allow the stomach to adjust to the gastric balloon it is best that patients consume fluids (water, juice and broth) for the first day.
ACCLIMATION - WEEK 2
The transition from PUREED to SOLID foods should take approximately one week, but the patient should only progress to the next consistency when they can tolerate foods in that stage comfortably.
RECOMMENDED 12-MONTH PROGRAM
A 12-month program with monthly contacts is recommended to achieve successful outcomes with ORBERATM.